Transitioning from a cut to a bulk
I hope you guys don't mind this being a standalone post. I've got 2 weeks left in what's been a pretty successful 12-week cut (before at 76kg, current 69kg – I'm ~5'7) and I'm wondering how you guys transition to from a cut to a good lean bulk?
My diet is pretty basic. 4 meals a day. Breakfast always the same: overnight oats (oats, whey, milk, berries). Evening snack always the same: frozen greek yoghurt with a blob of PB and some more berries. Lunch and dinner I basically make a double portion and eat the same thing twice: usually chicken breast with couscous and veg but I've made also curries and stews and stuff to keep it interesting (I enjoy cooking).
I track everything on MFP and I'm strict with total calories but less strict with macros so long as I hit my protein. When the weight loss slowed to less than 0.3kg per week I'd shave off 100cals.
After 10 weeks in a deficit, I really have no idea what my new maintenance might be or how to get to it. Should I slowly increase calories until weight loss stops and then continue until I start to gain? Or should I use a calculator and go for a result for a few weeks to see what happens?
My worry with the former is that it will unnecessarily prolong the cut but the calculation from the latter might be way off and quickly undo the last few weeks of hard work.
And on that note, how do you guys deal with the psychological side of putting weight on that you've worked so hard to take off? Any tips? With any luck, if I end up back at 76kg it'll be a pretty different look, but still... cutting feels a lot more straightforward than bulking.
Appreciate any help you guys can offer.
Submitted April 24, 2019 at 07:13AM by tcmspark http://bit.ly/2UBTcZQ
Comments
Post a Comment